Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Senator Cardin insults a citizen at town hall meeting.

He basically called the man a deadbeat, a cheat.
"I decided not to get the health insurance. That's working out for me because I'm able to save that extra money and give it to my family members and use it on myself. Senator Cardin, I want to know are you going to tell me an individual...that I have to buy health care or else you're going to fine me $2,500 every year I don't get it? Our founding fathers assured us we have a Bill of Rights and I want to see you uphold that," Robert Broadus of Clinton, Maryland said in an increasingly emotional voice and to scattered applause.
Maryland Senator Ben Cardin, a Democrat responded by asking Broadus what would happen if he became sick, broke a bone, had a car accident and ended up in an emergency room.

"You don't pay. You are part of the population that shifts its costs over to a person who does pay, and they're paying for you," Cardin said.
How dare a Senator question the integrity of a man? How dare he question the ability of a man to pay his bill's?


2 comments:

  1. Well it's true. If this guy and his family who may also not have health insurance gets hurt, who IS going to pay for it ultimately? The money fairy doesn't come along and pay the ER or hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Anonymous, the big part of your comment is IF. If a guy is a deadbeat, then yes we pay. But who says this man is? It is rude for the Senator to call him a deadbeat without one iota of evidence.

    ReplyDelete