Saturday, August 17, 2013
The 20 Things I Wish Someone Told Me at 20:
2. Although you're smart ... your brain isn't done maturing. Listen to your parents more than you want. REALLY.
3. Keep the joy of being 'in the moment.'
4. You will miss your youthful body one day -- love it and take care of it.
5. If someone has cut you down, that is about THEM, not YOU.
7. Education is THAT important.
8. You can say NO to sexual contact.
9. Whatever you POST is PERMANENT.
10. Trust the calling on your heart.
11. Spirituality/Religion will be what saves you when the world goes out.
13. Don't poison yourself. Don't smoke. Don't take drugs. Don't drink soda.
14. Consider the other side of the story.
15. Talk yourself out of the need to compare yourself.
16. Talk to your educators. Ask for help. Be known and be memorable.
17. Love your parents. Love your grandparents.
18. People will treat you the way that you allow them to.
19. Pay attention to how people treat their parents ... and their waiters.
20. Listen to your still, small voice.
See the article here