Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Is it illegal to read in the US Army?

Is this the new policy? 

Last summer Master Sgt. Nathan Sommers was reading  David Limbaugh’s “The Great Destroyer” backstage at a concert when a superior officer told him that he was causing “unit disruption” and was offending other soldiers.
“I wasn’t read aloud,” Sommers told Fox News. “I was just reading privately to myself. I was told they were frowning on that and they warned me that I should not be reading literature like that backstage because it was offensive.”
He was "Counseled".“The counseling form clearly stated that he was being reminded of his limited ability to disagree with the President’s policies and implied that displaying bumper stickers could lead to prosecution under the Hatch Act.” He said the counseling form also reprimanded Sommers for tweeting about a Chick-fil-A party.

The stickers read: “Political Dissent is NOT Racism,” “NOBAMA,” NOPE2012” and “The Road to Bankruptcy is Paved with Ass-Fault.” That sticker included the image of a donkey.

Read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment