Wednesday, June 30, 2010

5 Problems with Kagan Testimony ....


VaRight Documents the Nominee talking out of 2 sides of her face

To Jeff Sessions she says... ELENA KAGAN: “I’m Not Quite Sure How I Would Characterize My Politics.”

but to Lindsey Grahma she says.... ELENA KAGAN: “My Political Views Are Generally Progressive.”

She also says....ELENA KAGAN: “It Wouldn’t Be Appropriate For Me To Talk About What I Think About Past Cases, You Know, To Grade Cases Because Those Cases Themselves Might Again Come Before The Court.” (Elena Kagan, Judiciary Committee, U.S. Senate, Hearing, 6/29/10)

But in 1995 she said...ELENA KAGAN: “The Problem Is Not That Senators Engage In Substantive Discussion With Supreme Court Nominees; The Problem Is That They Do Not. Senators Effectively Have Accepted The Limits On Inquiry. … The Challenge Now Is To Over-Throw Them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment