Thursday, April 8, 2010

I hate "Gotchya" moments.....


But Congressmen should know the Constitution.
I don't know if Frank Lobiondo does or does not know the US Constitution. Clearly he is not a Constitutional Scholar.But asking numbers and exact quotations won't get a clear picture of a person's knowledge.
I can tell you that all Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives, but what section that comes from is not pertinent.
I know that the US Constitution says that we shall not have any nobility, but I don't know exactly which section it comes from.
I know where the legislative powers are centered, but knowing the exact spot is irrelevant.
I can name all the parts of the Bill of Rights, but other than the 1st, 2nd,4th and 5th, I would have a difficult time telling you which is which. Which one says that there shall be no excessive fines? Does it matter the number? I know it is in there.
Is it important that we know exactly what the 19th Amendment says?Or is it important that we know that the right to vote shall not be infringed by sex?

No comments:

Post a Comment