Monday, August 5, 2013

Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines


Now if the Mainstream Media starts thinking.....
"People always say to me, they say, `Hey, Letterman,' they say. `Why don't you make jokes about Obama?' And I say, `All right, I'll tell you why. I don't make jokes about him because I don't want the FBI tapping my phone,"' Letterman said.

Leno tapped into the same idea with a different story: "I was going to start off tonight with an Obama joke, but I don't want to get audited by the IRS, so forget that."

A study of gags by late-night comics during the first half of the year found an abrupt change from 2012. Now Obama and Democrats are providing the lion's share of punchlines
.
Obama was the target of 288 monologue jokes made by Jay Leno, David Letterman, Jimmy Fallon, Craig Ferguson and Jimmy Kimmel, according to an analysis released Monday by the Center for Media and Public Affairs at George Mason University.

Read more here


No comments:

Post a Comment