Saturday, December 11, 2010

I can't get the image of Monica Sliva out of my head.

A Whining Annoying Weaselly Know-It-All, Crying Fake Tears Over A Cowboy Santa.
See The Video Here

A painted plywood cut-out of Santa with a cowboy hat and a gun on his belt is causing quite a stir in Turlock.
”I tried to get the image out of my head all day long and I could not, because Santa is made for love, bringing families together, not carrying weapons,” Monica Sliva said.
The Santa is one of many displays that line Tracy’s Christmas Tree Lot on Monte Vista Avenue.
Sliva confronted the workers at the tree lot to ask them to take the gun-toting Santa display down because she said it sends the wrong message to children. 
“It portrays to the kids that it’s OK for Santa to be carrying a gun and therefore it’s OK for them to be carrying a gun,” Sliva said.
Tree lot workers said they have been using the cowboy Santa display for 20 years and have never had a compliant until Sliva asked them to take it down.
“I think it’s pretty crazy, to tell you the truth,” Bobby Vierra said.
“I mean, we're just trying to sell trees out here.”
See story here

H/T Gator

1 comment:

  1. LOL, cowboy santas are all over Texas. Tell Monica not to come visit down here at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete