Friday, November 5, 2010

Swacgirl is asking for snow in Augusta???

NY Times Square 1918
Swacgirl tells us there is a call for snow in the next county west of Augusta, Highland County. They could get 2-5" of snow. Then she says " I'll be watching to see if any snowflakes travel to Augusta and settle in my yard and, if so, will welcome them with open arms.... "  OH NO ! ! !

 Snow Melter
As a NYer, I am a fan of snow, but I always was ready for it up North. The NYC Department of Sanitation was always ready for it. But Swacgirl has to remember how poorly the county prepares for snow. The schools closed for 2 full weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Last Year's Storm [click to view] took our crews a while to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I was looking for a few stray snowflakes to kind of initiate us into late fall/winter. But last winter's deep snows definitely helped us make it through this past summer's long, dry, hot spells. I fear we would be in a serious drought otherwise so, for the sake of keeping the water table at good levels, we'll definitely need more snow this winter. Yeah, that's it. It's for the water table.... :)

    ReplyDelete