Thursday, September 9, 2010

Edison's company does not make lightbulbs anymore

WINCHESTER, VA. - The last major GE factory making ordinary incandescent light bulbs in the United States is closing this month, marking a small, sad exit for a product and company that can trace their roots to Thomas Alva Edison's innovations in the 1870s.
The remaining 200 workers at the plant here will lose their jobs.

Like the LeftCoast Rebel, I have a mix of CFL's and incandescent lights.
Some of the CFL's have lived up to some of the hype. They have lasted a long time.
For that benefit, I have given up some brightness, some convenience, and a good bit more money to purchase them.Some of the CFL's have not lived up to the hype. They burned out fairly quickly. The bulbs lasted only the same time as incandescent lights. I felt totally cheated. So what did I do? I bought a whole bunch of incandescent lights. I am going to buy more.

No comments:

Post a Comment