Friday, November 20, 2009

Psalm 109:8


I am not a biblical scholar. I haven't read it in a while, so I went and looked up Psalm 109:8. This is what I found.

Psalm 109:8
New International Version (©1984)
May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Let his days be few; Let another take his office.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Let his days be few [in number]. Let someone else take his position.

King James Bible
Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

American King James Version
Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

American Standard Version
Let his days be few; And let another take his office.

Bible in Basic English
Let his life be short; let another take his position of authority.

Douay-Rheims Bible
May his days be few: and his bishopric let another take.

Darby Bible Translation
Let his days be few, let another take his office;

English Revised Version
Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

Webster's Bible Translation
Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

World English Bible
Let his days be few. Let another take his office.

Young's Literal Translation
His days are few, his oversight another taketh,

People want a new leader. They want President Obama replaced.

Now if it said Psalm 109:09 or 109:10, that would be totally different, but it doesn't. If it didn't specify verse 8, it would be inappropriate. Either way, I am not wearing it. But if you do, consider this........

Here are the two verses that come after Psalm 109:8:

'Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.'

Anyone praying for that is no better than Osama Bin Laden.

How about printing this psalm on a T-Shirt instead????

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, a]">[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment