The Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival will be held at the Scottish Rite Consistory,519 Park Street in downtown Des Moines, Iowa on Saturday,February 27th, 2010
Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival, America’s premier bacon festival, announces plans to become bigger and better in 2010. “Earlier this year, the Iowa Bacon Board made a commitment to the bacon community that our festival would accommodate more Baconphiles and offer more sizzle.
- What – Third Annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival
- When – Saturday, February 27th, 10am – 4pm
- Where – Scottish Rite Consistory, 519 Park Street, Des Moines, IA
- Ticket Availability – To Be Announced
- Consumption – 583 lbs of bacon was consumed at the 2nd Annual Bacon Festival in 2009.
- Competition – Manni Balignasay is the back-to-back Blue Ribbon Bacon Eating Champion in 2008 & 2009.
- Bacon Showcase – In previous years the following bacon brands have been showcased: Eden Farms, Farmland, Hormel, Vande Rose Farms, Falls Brand, Polehnas, Django