Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Staunton GOP Chairperson wants action.What is your opinion?

Anne Fitzgerald

This was emailed to me today.

Good Morning Congressman Goodlatte,

I am being asked daily when you are going to host your August town hall meeting. Now, more than ever, the citizens of this commonwealth, this nation, want to speak with their elected representatives. There is important legislation being rushed through the House and Senate and we, the people of the 6th district, want to be heard.

I once again strongly encourage you to host a town hall meeting. Representative Perriello is hosting 21 of them. Congressman Boucher is holding 2 meetings. Why is it that not a single Republican congressman in Virginia is holding an August town hall?

We are at a critical time in our Nation's history. If ever there was a time to have dialogue with your constituents, this is the time.

I thank you for your time and service,

~Anne Fitzgerald
Chair, Staunton Republican Committee


I agree with Anne's position. We want to hear Bob's views. We want to air our own views. Americans want to be heard.
At the same time, if your opponent is shooting themselves in the foot, why get into the fracas? My previous post was about Perriello in Greene County. he hemmed and hawed about would he join the Obamacare system. He looks silly. It makes sense for Goodlatte to lie low while the Dems, Obama, and Obamacare self implode.
I think it might set a bad precedent if the Congressmen don't have townhall meetings, whatever the reason. The next timethey might just say"Well I am not up for re-election until next year" or "I think I will go on that junket to Northern Europe for the month of August."

No comments:

Post a Comment